|The Propeller Club, Port of New Orleans is a dynamic organization representing every segment of the maritime industry and associated professions and service. If you have an interest in the Port of New Orleans, the maritime community, or allied industries, you may want to consider joining the Propeller Club - a driving force for growth and progress.
Complimentary student membership is available to students studying naval architecture & marine engineering, admiralty law, international trade and transportation/logistics.
As a part of a major national organization with chapters throughout the country, the Club’s objectives are:
- We are a Nominating organization for the Port of New Orleans Dock Board Commissioners
- To promote, further and support an American Merchant Marine, including shipyards and other allied industries
- To promote waterborne commerce and all segments of the maritime industry.
- To aid worthy and economically justifiable Great Lakes, river, inland waterways and harbor improvements.
- To promote maritime education in our local schools and colleges.
- To create public awareness of the importance of maritime business to the local economy.
- To create a skilled and educated workforce for our maritime Industry
- Provide an annual scholarship
- Provide Educational Seminars
- Host an Annual Golf Outing
- Host the Annual Maritime Person of the Year Gala